Being a mom has been so much fun and I couldn’t wait to use all the cool items/things we received or I had bought while pregnant. I have always loved getting new things. Here are a few of my favorite baby items:
1. Bobby Newborn Lounger – This one is not the nursing pillow but the one with the seat in the middle. I received a gift card for Amazon from a family member and had seen these online. I knew feeding times would be a challenge with two and thought this was an affordable option. They have been the most used item we have by far. The boys spend about 75% of the day in them. They are great to have in the living room so they can nap while we are hanging out and we can feed them in them too. You can find them here at Amazon.
2. Cloud B Tranquil Turtle – This was a gift from one of my fabulous co-workers. We used it in the bassinet when the boys first came home. It lit up the room enough for us to see them, making the ceiling look like moving water. There is a tranquil sound maker on it as well that you could adjust the volume on. I think it helped mommy and daddy sleep too! There are a few different color and animal options. You can also get this one on Amazon here.
3. Dr. Brown Bottles – These are my favorite brand of bottles. A friend gave us our first set of the 4 oz. bottles, which was such a blessing. They are a bit more pricey but worth the money. The boys have started drinking 5-6 oz. so we just ordered the larger size (8 oz.) because we love them so much. They have the natural flow feature to help with colic and fussy feeders. We bought ours on Amazon as they have the best prices and great shipping.
4. Tommee Tippee Feeding Bib – Our boys are messy eaters. I like that these bibs have a rim around the top that sits closer under their chins to catch the milk when they spit up or the milk runs down their chin. They are also a great size and wash really easy. We purchased ours at Babies-R-Us but here is the link to them on Amazon.
5. Graco Nasal Aspirator – The boys got a little cold at one month and really hated the plastic bulb we received at the hospital. I did some searching and found this one online. It is battery operated and very gentle on their little noses. The front half pops off and is really easy to clean without getting the whole thing wet. There is a music feature on it but we don’t really use it. We also ordered this one on Amazon.
6. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes – Daniel’s cousin sent us a box of these wipes as a baby gift because she loved using them for her children. We got hooked. These are great for the boys. They are a good quality and do the job well. The boys have had a few problems with Huggies wipes giving them sores so I love that these ones are free of all the bad stuff, so we don’t have to worry. Amazon offers a subscription with these since you will definitely go through lots of these.
7. Skip Hop Duo Diaper Bag – I love the design of this baby bag and it is very functional as well. It comes in lots of different colors but I love the chevron print to keep it pretty gender neutral for future use. It also fits over the handle of the stroller really easy so it is easier to transport. I purchased this at Babies-R-Us with some of the gift cards from the shower but check it out on Amazon to see all the different color options and a great price.
8. Fusion Flexible Position Baby Carrier – We received two of these as gifts at a baby shower from our registry and we love them. They are really easy to put on and get the babies in. We decided to wear the boys to church for the first few weeks so they weren’t getting passed around and they worked out great. We have the Moby wraps as well but I like that it is easier to get the boys in and out of these carriers. They are also more affordable than most of the other carriers. I am not sure how long the boys will fit in these but for now they work great. Check them out here.
What are your favorite baby items? Share some of your favorite in the comments below…
Note: As you can see I included all the links to the items on Amazon. We have a Prime account with Amazon, which I highly recommend. Having two boys at home makes heading to the store a little more challenging when we need something. Prime has two-day shipping so we order and get the item with in a few days. We love it! They also have a great subscription feature now where you can receive a discount for subscribing to certain items.